Herrera’s Cafe has a long history on Maple Avenue. In 1971, Amelia Herrera opened the original 10-table café in a small building (now The Grapevine) on Maple near Oak Lawn. They moved to a larger building across the street at some point where they operated until they moved to newer digs in late 2011. Today comes word they are going big time. MAPP Construction Company is busy constructing a new home for Herrera’s at the corner of Throckmorton and Maple near the restored Old Parkland Hotel campus. Amelia would be pleased to know that her little dumpy restaurant will soon become a new 4,500-square-foot dining room with a mezzanine and outdoor seating. Let’s hope the No. 10 still tastes like a No. 10. Expect the opening in September. The current location will remain open, but it, along with the strip center where it is located, will be demolished once the new place is up and running.
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
5/29/16 SunThe West End
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- Let’s Talk About How to Fix Dallas Schools by Jason Heid
- Everything this Dallas Housewife Touches Turns to Instagram Followers by S. Holland Murphy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »