What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
5/7/16 SatOak Cliff Cultural Center
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
5/29/16 SunThe West End
- Taco Libre 2016
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 4 Recap by Tim Rogers
- A Family Oasis in Preston Hollow by Connie Dufner
- Is Anyone Else a Little Creeped Out By the Idea of a Homeless Concentration Camp? by Peter Simek
- Drama Unfolds With Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals President Michael Jenkins by Alex Macon
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 4 Recap by Tim Rogers
- A Frenchman Walks Into Downtown Dallas by Tim Rogers
- Will Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals Honcho Impact Fair Park’s Future? by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »