What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.