What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
- Watch Bryan Wilson, The Texas Law Hawk, Jump a Jet Ski by Tim Rogers
- Winners and Losers This Week in Dallas (6/24/16) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »