What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
- Belmont's July 4 Pool Party
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Dallas-Fort Worth Has the Worst Income Inequality by Neighborhood in the U.S. by Peter Simek
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- DeAndre Jordan Signs With the Mavericks. Are They Contenders Now? by Zac Crain
- UNT Regents May Vote Today On Forming Medical School With TCU by Matt Goodman
- VIDEO: BYU Football Recruit Charles West Shot Outside Coppell Middle School by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (7/3/15) by Jason Heid
- The Canaries are Yelling in the City Hall Coal Mine by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »