What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- HG Sply Co.
- Why Dallas Was Chosen the Best Skyline in the World by Jason Heid
- Jenny and Jeff Staubach's Greenway Parks Home by Laura Kostelny
- Motorcyclist Hit By Van on Dallas Highway, Motorcyclist Catches It on Video by Bradford Pearson
- DISD Trustee Bernadette Nutall Apparently Can’t Do Math by Tim Rogers
- RadioShack On the Verge of Bankruptcy by Zac Crain
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: Sept. 11 by Chris Mosley
- Simplest Plan Ever For Dallas’ Future: Make It More Like Dallas’ Past by Peter Simek
- Food Feedback Friday by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »