What a year for goodbyes: The Loon, Club Schmitz, and now Good Eats in Oak Lawn. John Harkey, Jr., the chief executive officer of Consolidated Restaurant Operations (CRO), just announced Good Eats will close on July 17. The popular home cooking spot opened 22 year ago. According to Harkey, the landlord refused to renew their lease.Lincoln Property Company, which owns Turtle Creek Village, is redeveloping the center and they are going to replace chicken fried steak with a retail business. CRO also operates Lucky’s on Oak Lawn. Harkey said that best-selling dishes from Good Eats will be available for dine-in or take-out at Lucky’s. Harkey says they are looking for another location and the employees of Good Eats will be transferred to other CRO locations.
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Meet Your <i>Real Housewives of Dallas</i> Cast, Repent by Alex Macon
- 2016 Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade
- Dallas Dating Guide by D Magazine
- Hot Property: New Orleans Style in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dallas City Council Bans Exxxotica From Using Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »