Mixed martial artist Diego Sanchez, 32, apparently suffered from a case of steak tartare with raw quail egg at SER before he competed at the Ultimate Fighting Championship 171′s lightweight division. The competition took place inside the American Airlines Center on Saturday, March 15, and Sanchez blames his loss to Myles Jury on his dinner at the Hilton Anatole’s top-floor steakhouse, which is run by chef Anthony Van Camp. The MMA pro took to Twitter to complain very loudly about his food poisoning misfortune, even posting the entire menu at SER to prove his point.
If it wasn’t Jury that defeated him, it was definitely raw food.
I wasn't my self last night I sustained Food poisoning from eating a beef tar tar with raw quail egg as a appetizer at dinner— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
This was my own mistake I ordered it thinking I need red meat but raw was the wrong choice, I threw up first at at 2am & all day fight day.— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
This was not part of @TheDolceDiet I screwed my self! I thought because I had done everything do perfect I could sway a little & it cost me.— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
Take what you want from it it is the truth. I made a horrible choice and it's no ones fault but mine.— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
There it is right there on the menu at the restaurant in my hotel http://t.co/NmND0TI5eW yea I royaly screwed my self— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
I'm heart broken and very very motivated it hurts so bad. I'll be back better than ever!— Diego Sanchez UFC (@DiegoSanchezUFC) March 16, 2014
The winner, Myles Jury (in black hoodie), celebrated his victory at The Slow Bone.
[Update 3/18/14: SER has issued this statement: “In light of recent allegations by Diego Sanchez, SĒR Steak + Spirits would like to state that we have received no official reports of food poisoning. We take these accusations very seriously and would like to assure our valued guests that we adhere to the strictest food safety standards. We stand behind our product and know that it is impeccably sourced and prepared.”]