I bumped into John Kenyon yesterday and got an update on the upcoming opening of his Restaurant Vagabond. As Carol so diligently reported in early January, Kenyon has taken over the space formerly known as huge J. Pepe’s on Greenville Avenue and will turn it into an uber-cool hangout out with great music and food. Kenyon’s a veteran. He’s been involved in Nick’s Uptown, Fast and Cool Club where he partnered with Shannon Wynne, the Red Jacket which closed in 2003. Eddie “Lucky” Campbell is designing the drinks; Stewart Jameson (Mot Hai Ba, Good2Go, Goodfriend) is running the kitchen and the front of the house. The proposed late January opening has blown by. Look for soft opening the first week of March.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »