I bumped into John Kenyon yesterday and got an update on the upcoming opening of his Restaurant Vagabond. As Carol so diligently reported in early January, Kenyon has taken over the space formerly known as huge J. Pepe’s on Greenville Avenue and will turn it into an uber-cool hangout out with great music and food. Kenyon’s a veteran. He’s been involved in Nick’s Uptown, Fast and Cool Club where he partnered with Shannon Wynne, the Red Jacket which closed in 2003. Eddie “Lucky” Campbell is designing the drinks; Stewart Jameson (Mot Hai Ba, Good2Go, Goodfriend) is running the kitchen and the front of the house. The proposed late January opening has blown by. Look for soft opening the first week of March.
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- John Travolta Welcomes Really Big Plane to DFW Airport by Jason Heid
- Ebola Case Confirmed in Dallas by Jason Heid
- Will Automated Cars Revolutionize Urban Transportation? by Peter Simek
- What Dan Micciche Gets Right — and Wrong — in His DMN Essay by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »