I bumped into John Kenyon yesterday and got an update on the upcoming opening of his Restaurant Vagabond. As Carol so diligently reported in early January, Kenyon has taken over the space formerly known as huge J. Pepe’s on Greenville Avenue and will turn it into an uber-cool hangout out with great music and food. Kenyon’s a veteran. He’s been involved in Nick’s Uptown, Fast and Cool Club where he partnered with Shannon Wynne, the Red Jacket which closed in 2003. Eddie “Lucky” Campbell is designing the drinks; Stewart Jameson (Mot Hai Ba, Good2Go, Goodfriend) is running the kitchen and the front of the house. The proposed late January opening has blown by. Look for soft opening the first week of March.
- 100 Great Holiday Gifts
- LInkedIn Reveals Dallas' Dominant Skill Set by Ali Finney
- Off the Record
- Dallas Starbucks Mistakes Chandler Parsons For Dirk Nowitzki by Bradford Pearson
- Mummy Not So Dearest: A Few Thoughts on Leslie Brenner's Proof + Pantry Review by Nancy Nichols
- Where Millennials Are Migrating and Why by Patrick Kennedy
- Taste Test Thursday: Pumpkin Pie by Catherine Downes
- Leading Off (11/21/14) by Michael J. Mooney
- Will Art Prize Change Dallas’ Cultural Scene Forever? by Peter Simek
- Leading Off (11/20/14) by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »