I bumped into John Kenyon yesterday and got an update on the upcoming opening of his Restaurant Vagabond. As Carol so diligently reported in early January, Kenyon has taken over the space formerly known as huge J. Pepe’s on Greenville Avenue and will turn it into an uber-cool hangout out with great music and food. Kenyon’s a veteran. He’s been involved in Nick’s Uptown, Fast and Cool Club where he partnered with Shannon Wynne, the Red Jacket which closed in 2003. Eddie “Lucky” Campbell is designing the drinks; Stewart Jameson (Mot Hai Ba, Good2Go, Goodfriend) is running the kitchen and the front of the house. The proposed late January opening has blown by. Look for soft opening the first week of March.
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- City of Dallas Pushes to Keep Porn Out of Convention Center by Jason Heid
- It May Cost More to Remove the Dallas Wave Than to Fix It by Peter Simek
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- Texas Medical Association’s PAC Endorses Another 10 Candidates In Primaries by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »