I’m no doctor, but I am positive that a rough week can be completely cured by wine. It’s time to make yourself feel better with all the options Dallas has to offer. Let’s get this party started.
1. Romance is to be brought to the table at Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill’s “That’s Amore” four-course fine wine dinner and cooking demonstration on Thursday, February 6 at 6:30 p.m. Reservations are required. $89.95 per person. Call 972-503-3474.
2. III Forks hosts their “Wine Down Wednesday” dinners every Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. February’s theme will pair wines from the United States and Europe. Reservations are required. $15 per person. Call 972-267-1776.
3. Ring in the New Year, Chinese-style, with a five-course extravagant dinner by executive chef Patton Robertson at Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck. The tasting menu will feature horse mackerel tartare, Chinese New Year dumplings, whole roasted quail, wagyu NY strip, and Maine lobster. Dessert will include a Chinese New Year tangerine cake and house-made fortune cookies. The tasting menu is priced at $135 per person and $185 with additional wine pairings. Reservations are required. Call 214-741-5560.
4. Dining can be expensive when ordering wine. Zen’s solution: Every Wednesday, Zen offers half-priced bottles of wine and sake. Cheers to that.
5. City Cafe offers half-price bottled wines all day, every Tuesday. Host Kareem Alaoui will be sure to keep you up-to-date with all the latest wines.
Hayley Votolato is a D Magazine intern, and aspiring food and travel editor. She will be graduating from Texas Christian University with a degree in Strategic Communication from the Schieffer College of Communication this May.