6 cups heavy cream
1½ cups sugar
2 vanilla beans, halved and scraped
6 gelatin sheets, softened in cold water
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 cups rhubarb, chopped in ½-inch pieces
1¼ cups sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Bring heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla beans to a boil.
2. Take off heat and stir in softened gelatin sheets. Pour into 4-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until the mixture sets up.
3. Put rhubarb, sugar, and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice in sauce pot and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rhubarb is slightly tender.
5. Add cornstarch and remaining lemon juice.
6. Add the strawberries and stir until rhubarb and strawberries are tender. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
7. Top each panna cotta ramekin with 1 tablespoon of strawberry-rhubarb compote before serving.