1 cup onion, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 quarts chicken stock
6 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, julienned
1 pound kale, washed, stemmed, then shredded (approximately 1½ bunches)
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and cracked black pepper
1. Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add potatoes and chicken stock and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Gently smash potatoes in the pot.
3. In a separate pan, render chorizo in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat and add shredded kale.
4. Sauté until the kale wilts. Add the soup base and simmer until kale is tender.
5. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Finish with olive oil and lemon juice.