The northwest corner of Frankford and Preston Road just got a little snazzier. In the space that recently housed Grover’s Grill & Bar, there now stands Battuto Italian Kitchen, a sleek Italian-American restaurant owned and operated by former radio personalities Julie and Gene Gates. They are more than just window dressing: the couple is hands-on and devoted to fresh, local, and seasonal products. The menu offers vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, and boasts handmade pastas, pizzas, vegetable purée soups, fresh seafood, and Italian specialties. Two of us split a salad and an 8-inch pizza covered with medium-rare filet mignon, fresh figs, caramelized onions, and Gorgonzola, and we each had a glass of wine. We got out for just a little more than $40. A few evenings later…
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »