This quirky burger joint was one of the first players in the battle of gourmet burgers in Dallas. It was certainly the first spot to feature a menu written by three chefs, one of them a pastry chef. Almost seven years have passed since Twisted Root opened its first location in Deep Ellum. During that time, the once-small category of fancy burgers in Dallas has been flooded with options. Five of us entered the Bedford location on a crowded Saturday afternoon. There were places to sit, but the tables were covered with trash and half-eaten food left by previous diners. We waited in line for 15 minutes to place our order and returned to the dining room to find the same unbussed spaces. We cleaned our own spot and sat down. (Click to finish)
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.