This quirky burger joint was one of the first players in the battle of gourmet burgers in Dallas. It was certainly the first spot to feature a menu written by three chefs, one of them a pastry chef. Almost seven years have passed since Twisted Root opened its first location in Deep Ellum. During that time, the once-small category of fancy burgers in Dallas has been flooded with options. Five of us entered the Bedford location on a crowded Saturday afternoon. There were places to sit, but the tables were covered with trash and half-eaten food left by previous diners. We waited in line for 15 minutes to place our order and returned to the dining room to find the same unbussed spaces. We cleaned our own spot and sat down. (Click to finish)
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.