I hope my former neighbors in Midway Hollow (“A Treasure to Keep”) will rejoice in the news: Al’s Pizzeria is re-opening. Look out, Jay Jerrier, Al’s Pizzeria, is known for its authentic New York-style pizza and could cause Zoli’s to shed a few unicorn tears. Owner Medo Pjetrovic has leased a 1,785 square-foot space in a new building under construction in the 400,000-square-foot Village at Bachman Lake at the northwest corner of Northwest Highway and Marsh Lane. The popular pizza joint opened in 1974 and closed in September 2011. Look for the doors to open “in the fall.”
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »