There was a lot of buzz when this 50-seat American/Mexican joint opened in February in New East Dallas. Most of the excitement came from the fact that Peak & Elm is owned by the Moreno family, operators of two outposts of La Popular Tamale House. We arrived at 1 pm hoping to miss the lunch rush. Our party of two turned out to be the lunch rush. The menu is short but intriguing. We ordered elotes to start. When the server returned to the table, we placed the rest of our order: cheese enchiladas, tamale pie, and chicken and beef tacos. Every dish was delivered cold. The enchiladas were stacked, and the round pile was covered with a thick cheese sauce and topped with salsa. It might have been better had someone taken the time to run it under a broiler for a few seconds.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: Is Formal Culinary Training Necessary for Chef Job? by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »