There was a lot of buzz when this 50-seat American/Mexican joint opened in February in New East Dallas. Most of the excitement came from the fact that Peak & Elm is owned by the Moreno family, operators of two outposts of La Popular Tamale House. We arrived at 1 pm hoping to miss the lunch rush. Our party of two turned out to be the lunch rush. The menu is short but intriguing. We ordered elotes to start. When the server returned to the table, we placed the rest of our order: cheese enchiladas, tamale pie, and chicken and beef tacos. Every dish was delivered cold. The enchiladas were stacked, and the round pile was covered with a thick cheese sauce and topped with salsa. It might have been better had someone taken the time to run it under a broiler for a few seconds.
Restaurant Review: Peak & Elm Cocina y Bar in Dallas
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
5/29/16 SunThe West End
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- Let’s Talk About How to Fix Dallas Schools by Jason Heid
- Everything this Dallas Housewife Touches Turns to Instagram Followers by S. Holland Murphy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »