There was a lot of buzz when this 50-seat American/Mexican joint opened in February in New East Dallas. Most of the excitement came from the fact that Peak & Elm is owned by the Moreno family, operators of two outposts of La Popular Tamale House. We arrived at 1 pm hoping to miss the lunch rush. Our party of two turned out to be the lunch rush. The menu is short but intriguing. We ordered elotes to start. When the server returned to the table, we placed the rest of our order: cheese enchiladas, tamale pie, and chicken and beef tacos. Every dish was delivered cold. The enchiladas were stacked, and the round pile was covered with a thick cheese sauce and topped with salsa. It might have been better had someone taken the time to run it under a broiler for a few seconds.
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
- Poll: Should Dallas Ban a Porn Convention? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »