When Hamid Moallem opened this little spot in Addison in 1996, he didn’t realize the simple brilliance of his idea to combine fine dining with live music. He has had to expand the space a couple of times to accommodate his loyal customers. I met a friend there, and we stretched our dinner to almost three hours. Instead of ordering our usual starter-entrée-dessert style, we decided to begin with a couple of selections from the tapas menu. We sampled the Jamaican jerk duck served with kumquat jam, and an Italian baguette topped with dates, prosciutto, and arugula. Both were so good that we tried two more. Out came a small, pinkish-red petite filet sided with skinny onion rings and grilled salmon surrounded by thick cubes of avocado. We were astonished when we got the bill: the tapas menu is part of the restaurant’s happy hour (daily until 7:30 pm, and all night on Sundays and Mondays).
2/7/16 SunSea Breeze Fish Market and Grill
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- City of Dallas Pushes to Keep Porn Out of Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Poll: Does Dallas Need to Pay Down Debt Before Fixing Roads? by Jason Heid
- It May Cost More to Remove the Dallas Wave Than to Fix It by Peter Simek
- They’re Going to Frack Under Lewisville Lake? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »