It has been too many years since I last visited St. Pete’s. Seconds after I bellied up to the bar, I scolded myself for not having this popular restaurant/bar on my short list. I’d forgotten the welcoming spirit of the interior: large marlins appear to dance across the brick walls; bartenders pull tap handles while chatting with customers; the hearty laugh of owner Pete Zotos echoes above the noise. The menu is equally friendly. There is a long list of appetizers to accommodate the drinking crowd, and pizzas, pastas, salads, and specials (such as chicken-fried steak and a New York strip) for diners. The signature Dancing Tuna Sandwich has not changed. A thick slab of grilled tuna simply seasoned with a cilantro-chile glaze rests between two buttered buns. It is not gussied up. The tuna does the talking. Simplicity is key here.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Richard Patterson on the Brexit Vote by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
- Watch Bryan Wilson, The Texas Law Hawk, Jump a Jet Ski by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »