Denton tends to feel like a foreign world to Dallas people, but it’s only (surprise!) a 45 minute drive away. I haven’t been to Denton since 2007? 2008?, so a trip there last Friday was eye-opening. It’s a whole new world out there, folks. Bars, like 16-month-old Oak St. Drafthouse, have already become staples to the hipster/beer nerd community. Oak St. Drafthouse’s owner, John Williams, is actually building another soon-to-be late night hotspot just down the street at 117 East Oak Street. It’s called East Side Social Club. He says there’s going to be craft beer, whiskey, a big backyard patio, and a beer garden with 80 different beers on tap.. It’s going to have a rustic look with a huge mesquite bar top. Behind the bar, they’ll be serving whiskey-based cocktails. I can smell the popularity of this place already.
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatOak Cliff Cultural Center
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Drama Unfolds With Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals President Michael Jenkins by Alex Macon
- Will Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals Honcho Impact Fair Park’s Future? by Peter Simek
- Joel Kotkin’s Ideological Stubbornness by Patrick Kennedy
- Zac Crain Defends Dallas on Thrillist by Tim Rogers
- Dallas Design Events to Enjoy This May by Caitlin Clark
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »