Denton tends to feel like a foreign world to Dallas people, but it’s only (surprise!) a 45 minute drive away. I haven’t been to Denton since 2007? 2008?, so a trip there last Friday was eye-opening. It’s a whole new world out there, folks. Bars, like 16-month-old Oak St. Drafthouse, have already become staples to the hipster/beer nerd community. Oak St. Drafthouse’s owner, John Williams, is actually building another soon-to-be late night hotspot just down the street at 117 East Oak Street. It’s called East Side Social Club. He says there’s going to be craft beer, whiskey, a big backyard patio, and a beer garden with 80 different beers on tap.. It’s going to have a rustic look with a huge mesquite bar top. Behind the bar, they’ll be serving whiskey-based cocktails. I can smell the popularity of this place already.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.