Denton tends to feel like a foreign world to Dallas people, but it’s only (surprise!) a 45 minute drive away. I haven’t been to Denton since 2007? 2008?, so a trip there last Friday was eye-opening. It’s a whole new world out there, folks. Bars, like 16-month-old Oak St. Drafthouse, have already become staples to the hipster/beer nerd community. Oak St. Drafthouse’s owner, John Williams, is actually building another soon-to-be late night hotspot just down the street at 117 East Oak Street. It’s called East Side Social Club. He says there’s going to be craft beer, whiskey, a big backyard patio, and a beer garden with 80 different beers on tap.. It’s going to have a rustic look with a huge mesquite bar top. Behind the bar, they’ll be serving whiskey-based cocktails. I can smell the popularity of this place already.
- 100 Great Holiday Gifts
- LInkedIn Reveals Dallas' Dominant Skill Set by Ali Finney
- Off the Record
- Dallas Starbucks Mistakes Chandler Parsons For Dirk Nowitzki by Bradford Pearson
- Mummy Not So Dearest: A Few Thoughts on Leslie Brenner's Proof + Pantry Review by Nancy Nichols
- What That Trinity Toll Road Meeting Was Really About by Tim Rogers
- Why You Should Make Supporting Pre-K in DISD a Relentless Priority by Eric Celeste
- Just as the Scriptures Predicted, 2014 Has Brought Dallas Its First Classic Hip-Hop Radio War by Bradford Pearson
- IT’S ABOUT FREAKING TIME! by Eric Celeste
- Mico Rodriguez Closes Mesero Miguel. Will Reopen as Mesero by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »