Denton tends to feel like a foreign world to Dallas people, but it’s only (surprise!) a 45 minute drive away. I haven’t been to Denton since 2007? 2008?, so a trip there last Friday was eye-opening. It’s a whole new world out there, folks. Bars, like 16-month-old Oak St. Drafthouse, have already become staples to the hipster/beer nerd community. Oak St. Drafthouse’s owner, John Williams, is actually building another soon-to-be late night hotspot just down the street at 117 East Oak Street. It’s called East Side Social Club. He says there’s going to be craft beer, whiskey, a big backyard patio, and a beer garden with 80 different beers on tap.. It’s going to have a rustic look with a huge mesquite bar top. Behind the bar, they’ll be serving whiskey-based cocktails. I can smell the popularity of this place already.
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Mayor Rawlings Implies Trinity Toll Road Opponents Don’t Respect Democracy by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- What It Means Now That Rajon Rondo Is In Dallas by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »