Did anyone catch Friday night’s episode of Mystery Diners on Food Network? The star of the show was Zio Cecio owner/chef Francesco Farris. He suspected his chef and one of his employees were serving a secret, cash-only Tex-Mex menu on Monday evenings when Farris wasn’t in the restaurant. Apparently the duo was planning to open a Tex-Mex restaurant and they were using Zio Cecio’s kitchen and customers as practice. Farris called Charles Stiles and his crew of undercover diners to investigate and the employees were busted and fired on camera. The episode, “Menu Mayhem” will run again Wednesday at 10PM. Those employees are lucky Farris called Mystery Diner and not his relatives in Sardinia.
2/8/16 Mon11601 Plano Rd Suite 120
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- Texas Medical Association’s PAC Endorses Another 10 Candidates In Primaries by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »