Fairview Farms was one of the original suburban markets in North Texas and has been a home to a few vendors since 1989. But starting Saturday, April 20 at 8AM, The Collin County Farmers Market will take over the property (3314 North Central Expressway in Plano) and host a full-blown market day. They expect 25 vendors to offer local meats, eggs, produce, and other artisan products. You can view the list here. Take the kids: There will be a bounce house, pony rides, and a bungee jump. There are plans to add a community garden maintained by local Scout troops and volunteers. All produce harvested will be donated to local food banks.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.