I don’t know what took our state legislature so long to pick a state pie for Texas, but they did so today. Their choice is a duh–the state tree is the pecan. Now the fruit (drupaceous nut) from the tree mixed with copious amounts of Karo Syrup, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla can take its place beside the bluebonnet, Mockingbird, and friendship (our state motto).
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- Announcing StreetSmart, D Magazine’s New Transportation and Urbanism Blog by Jason Heid
- John Travolta Welcomes Really Big Plane to DFW Airport by Jason Heid
- Ebola Case Confirmed in Dallas by Jason Heid
- Laray Polk on the State of Bookstores in Dallas by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »