I don’t know what took our state legislature so long to pick a state pie for Texas, but they did so today. Their choice is a duh–the state tree is the pecan. Now the fruit (drupaceous nut) from the tree mixed with copious amounts of Karo Syrup, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla can take its place beside the bluebonnet, Mockingbird, and friendship (our state motto).
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »