I don’t know what took our state legislature so long to pick a state pie for Texas, but they did so today. Their choice is a duh–the state tree is the pecan. Now the fruit (drupaceous nut) from the tree mixed with copious amounts of Karo Syrup, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla can take its place beside the bluebonnet, Mockingbird, and friendship (our state motto).
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »