I popped in yesterday to see how Marc Cassel and his wife, Suzan Fries, were doing at 20 Feet, their much-anticipated casual seafood joint on Peavy Road, next to Goodfriend. The roof had sprung a leak, and their freezer, bought at auction, was on the fritz. They seemed sanguine about the setbacks, though, and said they were shooting to open next week. Cassel was making a late lunch for him and missus. Pork belly sandwiches. He asked if I cared for one, but I declined so as not compromise my journalistic objectivity. When he wasn’t looking, I snapped this picture of a shopping list dated January 7. One can only hope that the Post-It Notes and toner cartridge have been procured.
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- Whoa, Paul Rudd Was (UPDATE: Not) One of the Airport Heroes Who Took Down the Homophobe by Jason Heid
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »