I popped in yesterday to see how Marc Cassel and his wife, Suzan Fries, were doing at 20 Feet, their much-anticipated casual seafood joint on Peavy Road, next to Goodfriend. The roof had sprung a leak, and their freezer, bought at auction, was on the fritz. They seemed sanguine about the setbacks, though, and said they were shooting to open next week. Cassel was making a late lunch for him and missus. Pork belly sandwiches. He asked if I cared for one, but I declined so as not compromise my journalistic objectivity. When he wasn’t looking, I snapped this picture of a shopping list dated January 7. One can only hope that the Post-It Notes and toner cartridge have been procured.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.