I popped in yesterday to see how Marc Cassel and his wife, Suzan Fries, were doing at 20 Feet, their much-anticipated casual seafood joint on Peavy Road, next to Goodfriend. The roof had sprung a leak, and their freezer, bought at auction, was on the fritz. They seemed sanguine about the setbacks, though, and said they were shooting to open next week. Cassel was making a late lunch for him and missus. Pork belly sandwiches. He asked if I cared for one, but I declined so as not compromise my journalistic objectivity. When he wasn’t looking, I snapped this picture of a shopping list dated January 7. One can only hope that the Post-It Notes and toner cartridge have been procured.
4/29/15 WedThe Hospitality Sweet
4/30/15 ThuTrinity Park
5/2/15 SatKlyde Warren Park
5/2/15 SatThe Library Bar
5/3/15 SunGin Mill
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/15/15 FriAddison Circle Park
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: A Sign of Things to Come by Barrett Brown
- Friday Afternoon Time Kill: An Interactive Tornado Map by Peter Simek
- Greg Hardy Suspended for 10 Games by Michael J. Mooney
- At Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, An Emergency Without The Stakes by Jenna Peck
- Taste Test Thursday: North Texas BBQ Sauce (Spicy Edition) by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »