I popped in yesterday to see how Marc Cassel and his wife, Suzan Fries, were doing at 20 Feet, their much-anticipated casual seafood joint on Peavy Road, next to Goodfriend. The roof had sprung a leak, and their freezer, bought at auction, was on the fritz. They seemed sanguine about the setbacks, though, and said they were shooting to open next week. Cassel was making a late lunch for him and missus. Pork belly sandwiches. He asked if I cared for one, but I declined so as not compromise my journalistic objectivity. When he wasn’t looking, I snapped this picture of a shopping list dated January 7. One can only hope that the Post-It Notes and toner cartridge have been procured.
1/25/15 SunFireWheel Brewing Co.
1/25/15 SunIrving Convention Center
2/3/15 TueCentral Market
2/7/15 SatDallas Farmers Market
2/19/15 ThuKettle Art
2/21/15 SatStoney's Wine Lounge
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- On The Street: The Fashion Scene Around Dallas
- The Marvel Experience
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Chris Kyle's Accused Killer Won't Face Death Penalty by Jason Heid
- The End of the Masturbatory Exercise That was the Home Rule Commission by Eric Celeste
- Barrett Brown Sentenced to 63 Months in Prison, Looks Horrible in Mustard Yellow Jail Togs by Tim Rogers
- Barrett Brown Sentenced to 63 Months In Prison by Zac Crain
- Yet Another Alamo Drafthouse Coming to North Texas by Alex Macon
- Ask John Neely Bryan: Where Should Dallasites Relocate After the Zombie Apocalypse? by John Neely Bryan
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »