A lot has already been said about Ascension Coffee already, so I won’t bog you down with details. (Plus, news of the Connecticut shooting today has made it terribly hard for me to concentrate on anything. It’s been a rather dreadful day, and all my thoughts are going out to the families affected by what’s happened.)
Here are a few snappy ones, anyway:
- Owned by restauranteur Russell Hayward
- In the daytime, Ascension will be a coffee shop, but starting at 5 p.m., it’ll turn into a wine bar.
- There won’t be any muffins. The food will be “chef-driven” and “inexpensive,” according to this CultureMap article by Teresa Gubbins.
- The espresso machine is a Synesso Hydra Hybrid, if that means anything to you coffee snobs.
- Ascension is right next to Meddlesome Moth.
Service starts bright and early tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.