Most restaurants run on tight margins. They take a chance every time they place an order for supplies. Today comes word from Jeff Frankel, owner of Mattito’s. The city has basically shut down Routh St. between Cedar Springs and Carlisle, leaving Mattito’s customers wondering how they get to his restaurant. They have place a “road closed” and “no outlet” sign at Carlisle. Yesterday, the first day of the closure, his sales were cut in half. Frankel is headed to City Hall to ask for relief. Meanwhile, Mattito’s is open and the parking lot is easily accessible via Carlisle. Go. Eat. Report.
Read This Next
7/30/14 WedCraft and Growler
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.