Most restaurants run on tight margins. They take a chance every time they place an order for supplies. Today comes word from Jeff Frankel, owner of Mattito’s. The city has basically shut down Routh St. between Cedar Springs and Carlisle, leaving Mattito’s customers wondering how they get to his restaurant. They have place a “road closed” and “no outlet” sign at Carlisle. Yesterday, the first day of the closure, his sales were cut in half. Frankel is headed to City Hall to ask for relief. Meanwhile, Mattito’s is open and the parking lot is easily accessible via Carlisle. Go. Eat. Report.
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Did Bass Pro Shops Steal a T-shirt Idea From The Lodge? by Michael J. Mooney
- The Dog Stop in Far North Dallas Will Close in September by Nancy Nichols
- What To Drink Now: 4th of July Cocktails by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »