Most restaurants run on tight margins. They take a chance every time they place an order for supplies. Today comes word from Jeff Frankel, owner of Mattito’s. The city has basically shut down Routh St. between Cedar Springs and Carlisle, leaving Mattito’s customers wondering how they get to his restaurant. They have place a “road closed” and “no outlet” sign at Carlisle. Yesterday, the first day of the closure, his sales were cut in half. Frankel is headed to City Hall to ask for relief. Meanwhile, Mattito’s is open and the parking lot is easily accessible via Carlisle. Go. Eat. Report.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.