I know it’s the time of the year we are to be thankful for the bounty of food available to us. But I would be more than thankful if menu creators would do just that–create some interesting salads. Does every restaurant have to serve a Caesar salad? What is it you all love about Caesar salads? And blue cheese? I’m sick of it. The other night I tried this lovely Clean Green Salad at Dish. Instead of a pasty, cheesy dressing, the butter and endive lettuces were oh-so-lightly tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and topped with aged cheddar, thin slices of green apple, and shaved onion. Thank you chef Garreth Dickey. Anyone else have a chef to thank for a great salad?
11/1/14 SatGilley's Dallas
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »