I know it’s the time of the year we are to be thankful for the bounty of food available to us. But I would be more than thankful if menu creators would do just that–create some interesting salads. Does every restaurant have to serve a Caesar salad? What is it you all love about Caesar salads? And blue cheese? I’m sick of it. The other night I tried this lovely Clean Green Salad at Dish. Instead of a pasty, cheesy dressing, the butter and endive lettuces were oh-so-lightly tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and topped with aged cheddar, thin slices of green apple, and shaved onion. Thank you chef Garreth Dickey. Anyone else have a chef to thank for a great salad?
Read This Next
- Eat This Now: Orzo and Wild Rice Salad With Chicken at The Hospitality Sweet in Dallas
- The Best Salads in Dallas
- Greenz Salads in Uptown Gets Major Makeover
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.