I know it’s the time of the year we are to be thankful for the bounty of food available to us. But I would be more than thankful if menu creators would do just that–create some interesting salads. Does every restaurant have to serve a Caesar salad? What is it you all love about Caesar salads? And blue cheese? I’m sick of it. The other night I tried this lovely Clean Green Salad at Dish. Instead of a pasty, cheesy dressing, the butter and endive lettuces were oh-so-lightly tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and topped with aged cheddar, thin slices of green apple, and shaved onion. Thank you chef Garreth Dickey. Anyone else have a chef to thank for a great salad?
Read This Next
- The Best Salads in Dallas
- Eat This Now: Orzo and Wild Rice Salad With Chicken at The Hospitality Sweet in Dallas
- Greenz Salads in Uptown Gets Major Makeover
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- Poll: Does Gov. Rick Perry Deserve This? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.