Former Gloria’s employee Fernando Santos teamed up with his mother-in-law, Blanca Huesca, to open Nando’s in the southwest quadrant of Preston Royal Shopping Center. Santo runs the front of the house and the bar that turns out sophisticated margaritas, while his mother-in-law mans the kitchen. Huesca’s specialty is the food of Veracruz, and her offerings include safe, middle-of-the-road ingredients and Tex-Mex dishes that will certainly appeal to the gringo neighborhood. The consistency of the food, however, varies wildly. At lunch, a side of guacamole was overly populated with pieces of cucumber. When reordered at dinner, the nutty taste of avocado was more prevalent. Our server was inexperienced and couldn’t answer basic questions about the menu, but another would swoop over to the table to add his recommendations. Continued.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- Dallas: ‘City of Hate’ vs. ‘Plague City’ by Peter Simek
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (10/17/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »