You know what’s cooler than making your own whipped cream for the first time? This German spelling bee that’s happening at the 25th Anniversary Celebration of Addison Oktoberfest, which runs from September 20 – 23 at Addison Circle Park (4970 Addison Circle Drive). Ja! If spelling bees aren’t your cup of tea, there’s also a singing competition called “German Idol” where you watch people do some crazy yodeling.Of course there’ll be plenty of bratwursts and strudels and beer, so no need to worry about going hungry. And pssst! Ticket admission is free if you go this Thursday, September 20, between 6 and 11 p.m. Otherwise, you should probably purchase your tickets right here. Ich kann es nicht erwarten.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
- Why Young People Like Denver More Than Dallas by Peter Simek
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Why Dallas Is Allowed to Ruin a Park With a Highway by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »