You know what’s cooler than making your own whipped cream for the first time? This German spelling bee that’s happening at the 25th Anniversary Celebration of Addison Oktoberfest, which runs from September 20 – 23 at Addison Circle Park (4970 Addison Circle Drive). Ja! If spelling bees aren’t your cup of tea, there’s also a singing competition called “German Idol” where you watch people do some crazy yodeling.Of course there’ll be plenty of bratwursts and strudels and beer, so no need to worry about going hungry. And pssst! Ticket admission is free if you go this Thursday, September 20, between 6 and 11 p.m. Otherwise, you should probably purchase your tickets right here. Ich kann es nicht erwarten.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »