Dos Equis, the beer brand that did all those ads with “The Most Interesting Man in the World,” just launched its Mobile Academy – a fleet of seven food trucks in seven different cities. This means that Dallas, one of the lucky cities to experience this educational experience of the taste buds, gets a Dos Equis mobile truck of its own from September 12-22. The Nammi people helped Dos Equis create a menu featuring a choice of soy silkworms, jellyfish or crispy spiced quail on banh mi baguette rolls.
Jump for the free part.
And, to top it all off, there is such a thing as a free lunch. My econ professor was wrong. Dos Equis is providing free lunches and dinners to those of you who decide to follow the truck around. Here are the places it’ll be distributing the goods:
- September 12: Run On – 11811 Preston Rd. (6pm-9pm)
- September 13: Thanksgiving Square – 1627 Pacific Ave. (11am-2:30pm)
- September 14: Arts District – 2403 Flora Street (11am-2:30pm)
- September 15: Deep Ellum Outdoor Market – 3209 North Fitzhugh (12pm-3:30pm)
- September 16: City Performance Hall Opening – 2121 Flora Street (12pm-3:30pm)
- September 17: OFF
- September 18: The Village – 8308 Southwestern Blvd. (6am-9pm)
- September 19: Walgreen’s – 5201 Beltline Rd. (6pm-9pm)
- September 20: Walgreen’s – 3418 Mckinney Ave. (6pm-9pm)
- September 21: Cedars Food Park – 1515 South Harwood (6pm-9pm)
- September 22: Sigel’s – 3209 North Fitzhugh (11apm-2:30pm)
For parking info, follow Dos Equis on its Twitter. Our food truck man, George Lewis, also has Dos Equis’ whereabouts listed on the weekly food truckin’ schedule. Has anyone else noticed that his charts have gotten prettier lately?