Every neighborhood should have a place like this, a groovy, laid-back joint to hang where you can choose a local beer and nibble on a flatbread, salad, or burger. My hood has nothing close to Sundown, and I make the trek to Greenville Avenue to bask in the late-afternoon glow that streams through the windows and warms the wooden walls. Finicky eaters and beer lovers will find nirvana. The kitchen offers an extensive vegan, vegetarian, and ecofriendly menu that features chilled buckwheat soba noodle salad tossed in rich peanut sauce, free-range chicken covered with tasty tabbouleh, and a righteous barbecue grass-fed brisket topped with pecan-smoked bacon and sharp (sharp!) cheddar cheese.
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- Westlake Academy Is Early Leader in North Texas Giving Day by Tim Rogers
- DMN Managing Editor George Rodrigue Leaving for WFAA by Eric Celeste
- Leading Off (9/18/14) by Zac Crain
- Ron Washington Holds Another Press Conference by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »