Aman Singh has come a long way since he started making kulfi, a dense frozen custard similar to ice cream, in his garage. His Kaurina’s Original Kulfi bars were a popular item at this year’s Savor Dallas and they are currently available and several area grocery stores and markets. Now comes word: Kaurina’s Original Kulfi was awarded the 1st Place Grand Champions for their Malai (cardamon flavored) bar in the “Open Class for Creative and Innovative Products” category at the World Dairy Expo Championship held in Madison, Wisconsin. I have a package in my freezer. They’re only 80 calories each. Congrats Aman!
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.