I just stumbled upon Robert Wilonsky’s report on DMN Crime Blog: Mesa, the Veracruz-style Mexican restaurant on Jefferson Avenue was robbed last night. According to Big Bob, the creeps bashed in the front door and swiped all of the liquor and TVs. BB spoke with Jaretzy Reyes, the general manager and daughter of owners/chefs Raul and Olga Reyes, and she says she reported suspicious people to the police before she left the restaurant and they didn’t respond. She got a call early this morning about the break in. Undaunted, Mesa will be open for business as unusual tonight. Be there with more than bells on.
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (8/28/14) by Zac Crain
- CMS Again Alleges Parkland Safety Lapse Resulted In Patient Harm by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.