I just stumbled upon Robert Wilonsky’s report on DMN Crime Blog: Mesa, the Veracruz-style Mexican restaurant on Jefferson Avenue was robbed last night. According to Big Bob, the creeps bashed in the front door and swiped all of the liquor and TVs. BB spoke with Jaretzy Reyes, the general manager and daughter of owners/chefs Raul and Olga Reyes, and she says she reported suspicious people to the police before she left the restaurant and they didn’t respond. She got a call early this morning about the break in. Undaunted, Mesa will be open for business as unusual tonight. Be there with more than bells on.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.