It was a packed house at Duo last night for a benefit to assist the family of Camilo Calderon, a General Manager at The Adolphus. He recently lost his sister to cancer and took over guardianship of her four children. Since he already had two children of his own he is now the (single) father of a family with six children. Fluent, a private concierge service helmed by (Gary) Jackson of WSJ fame and Lisa Moore, formerly director of sales and marketing with Stephan Pyles, organized the event. Duo provided the space, and Glazer’s the wine as a backdrop to the eight restaurants contributing and serving food. What did they all have in common? In his lifetime in the Dallas restaurant industry all of these chefs–Katherine Clapner,Mark McDaniel,Ke’o Valasquez, Joel Harloff, Tim Byers, Jeff Moschetti, Jon Thompson, Scott Tobey, Justin Box–had an association with Camilo. It is an event best told in pictures.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »