Houston-based Max’s Wine Dive is getting ready to open in the old Border’s building on McKinney Avenue in mid-September. The Houston-based mini-chain has restaurants in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. It sounds like a good idea for the times: good wine and low prices paired with easy-to-eat-and-pay-for food. There Their slogan is fried chicken and Champagne which works for me. Last night I was shocked to find Paul Pinnell’s mugshot on Max’s Facebook page. They’ve hired him to be their General Manager. Pinnell was last seen locking the doors to his tony spot Dali Wine Bar in One Arts Plaza. He disappeared from Dallas and moved to New Orleans where he worked at The Rib Room. I’ve sent an email to catch up with the talented and dapper wine buff who once ruled the roost at Nana. Welcome back, Paul. Now pop open the Champagne and that restaurant.
- Why Everyone Needs to Read Steve Blow’s Pro-Highway Argument by Peter Simek
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Two Quick Notes About the Efforts To Make DISD a Home-Rule District by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.