Houston-based Max’s Wine Dive is getting ready to open in the old Border’s building on McKinney Avenue in mid-September. The Houston-based mini-chain has restaurants in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. It sounds like a good idea for the times: good wine and low prices paired with easy-to-eat-and-pay-for food. There Their slogan is fried chicken and Champagne which works for me. Last night I was shocked to find Paul Pinnell’s mugshot on Max’s Facebook page. They’ve hired him to be their General Manager. Pinnell was last seen locking the doors to his tony spot Dali Wine Bar in One Arts Plaza. He disappeared from Dallas and moved to New Orleans where he worked at The Rib Room. I’ve sent an email to catch up with the talented and dapper wine buff who once ruled the roost at Nana. Welcome back, Paul. Now pop open the Champagne and that restaurant.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: Is Formal Culinary Training Necessary for Chef Job? by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »