Houston-based Max’s Wine Dive is getting ready to open in the old Border’s building on McKinney Avenue in mid-September. The Houston-based mini-chain has restaurants in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. It sounds like a good idea for the times: good wine and low prices paired with easy-to-eat-and-pay-for food. There Their slogan is fried chicken and Champagne which works for me. Last night I was shocked to find Paul Pinnell’s mugshot on Max’s Facebook page. They’ve hired him to be their General Manager. Pinnell was last seen locking the doors to his tony spot Dali Wine Bar in One Arts Plaza. He disappeared from Dallas and moved to New Orleans where he worked at The Rib Room. I’ve sent an email to catch up with the talented and dapper wine buff who once ruled the roost at Nana. Welcome back, Paul. Now pop open the Champagne and that restaurant.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.