You’d be surprised to learn how hard it can be for dining critics to find volunteers to join them on a review. So imagine my joy when, after inviting friends and family to join me at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, I was flooded with gushing replies. “Oh, please,” my sister-in-law said. “I’m dying to go there.” We sashayed up to the hostess stand on a stormy Monday night around 6:30 and were placed on a 30-minute waitlist. The bar was three deep, and the dining room was jammed. Two hours later, I left confused. There is nothing special about the food at Kenny’s. It’s basically enormous portions of familiar red-sauce-Italian fare served in a Godfather-meets-Sopranos setting complete with stereotypical red-and-white checkered tablecloths anchored with straw-wrapped Chianti bottles.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
- Why Young People Like Denver More Than Dallas by Peter Simek
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- Why Dallas Is Allowed to Ruin a Park With a Highway by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »