You’d be surprised to learn how hard it can be for dining critics to find volunteers to join them on a review. So imagine my joy when, after inviting friends and family to join me at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, I was flooded with gushing replies. “Oh, please,” my sister-in-law said. “I’m dying to go there.” We sashayed up to the hostess stand on a stormy Monday night around 6:30 and were placed on a 30-minute waitlist. The bar was three deep, and the dining room was jammed. Two hours later, I left confused. There is nothing special about the food at Kenny’s. It’s basically enormous portions of familiar red-sauce-Italian fare served in a Godfather-meets-Sopranos setting complete with stereotypical red-and-white checkered tablecloths anchored with straw-wrapped Chianti bottles.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.