You’d be surprised to learn how hard it can be for dining critics to find volunteers to join them on a review. So imagine my joy when, after inviting friends and family to join me at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, I was flooded with gushing replies. “Oh, please,” my sister-in-law said. “I’m dying to go there.” We sashayed up to the hostess stand on a stormy Monday night around 6:30 and were placed on a 30-minute waitlist. The bar was three deep, and the dining room was jammed. Two hours later, I left confused. There is nothing special about the food at Kenny’s. It’s basically enormous portions of familiar red-sauce-Italian fare served in a Godfather-meets-Sopranos setting complete with stereotypical red-and-white checkered tablecloths anchored with straw-wrapped Chianti bottles.
3/6/15 FriMorton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
3/6/15 FriThe Holy Grail Pub
3/7/15 SatCrushCraft Thai Street Eats
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market
3/7/15 SatDeep Ellum Brewing Company
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/8/15 SunWhole Foods Market
3/9/15 MonDugg Burger
- Dallas-DFW Restaurants: Are you Open or Closed? by Nancy Nichols
- Nina Pham: A Case Study in Media Manipulation by Tim Rogers
- Poll: If the Trinity Toll Road Is Built, Will You Leave Dallas? by Peter Simek
- Breaking Down How Wrong the DMN Story on Teacher Hiring Really Was by Eric Celeste
- Tom Spicer Died Today by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »