You’d be surprised to learn how hard it can be for dining critics to find volunteers to join them on a review. So imagine my joy when, after inviting friends and family to join me at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, I was flooded with gushing replies. “Oh, please,” my sister-in-law said. “I’m dying to go there.” We sashayed up to the hostess stand on a stormy Monday night around 6:30 and were placed on a 30-minute waitlist. The bar was three deep, and the dining room was jammed. Two hours later, I left confused. There is nothing special about the food at Kenny’s. It’s basically enormous portions of familiar red-sauce-Italian fare served in a Godfather-meets-Sopranos setting complete with stereotypical red-and-white checkered tablecloths anchored with straw-wrapped Chianti bottles.
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- Nina Pham Is Ebola-Free. Is She a Hero? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »