Ristorante Nicola, not my favorite restaurant in Dallas, is closed. Not for renovations as they told us last week. Closed for good. Once hotter than hot, the mediocre high-falutin’ Italian spot will shutter and reopen as the hotter than hot Nick & Sam’s Grill. However, Nicola’s owner Richard Gussoni and Nick & Sam’s owner Joe Palladino will partner for the new restaurant. The Plano location of Nicola’s Ristorante Italiano remains open and will accept any outstanding gift certificates held by Ristorante Nicola customers. Nick & Sam’s Grill Park Cities is slated to open in early October. Not sure what the talent will be in the kitchen but I understand Nicola’s just hired an out-of-town chef to run the kitchen and he’s hopping mad about the change.
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- Texas Medical Association’s PAC Endorses Another 10 Candidates In Primaries by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »