Ristorante Nicola, not my favorite restaurant in Dallas, is closed. Not for renovations as they told us last week. Closed for good. Once hotter than hot, the mediocre high-falutin’ Italian spot will shutter and reopen as the hotter than hot Nick & Sam’s Grill. However, Nicola’s owner Richard Gussoni and Nick & Sam’s owner Joe Palladino will partner for the new restaurant. The Plano location of Nicola’s Ristorante Italiano remains open and will accept any outstanding gift certificates held by Ristorante Nicola customers. Nick & Sam’s Grill Park Cities is slated to open in early October. Not sure what the talent will be in the kitchen but I understand Nicola’s just hired an out-of-town chef to run the kitchen and he’s hopping mad about the change.
- Beauty Bar
- Dallas’ Most Exclusive Private Clubs by Brantley Hargrove and Glenn Hunter
- Diane von Furstenberg Thinks Dallas Women are the Most Beautiful in America by Margaux Anbouba
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »