Do yourself a big favor and reserve a copy of Yes, Chef, Marcus Samuelsson’s memoir of how he went from battling tuberculosis in Ethiopia to becoming a James Beard award-winning chef of Red Rooster, Harlem. The Top Chef: Masters winner will be at Central Market on Tuesday, July 17 at 4 p.m. to sign copies of his newest book and hopefully make small talk with you. Make your reservations here. There are 91 seats left. If you wanted to attend the cooking class with Samuelsson at 6:30 p.m., sorry, hon. There’s a huge waiting list. Just dole out a couple of bribes, and maybe you’ll get into the class. If there’s a will, there’s a way, right?
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.