Blue Mesa’s 5th annual Corn & Peach Festival is two-months long (running from June 1 to the end of July), and it’s featuring a special menu with dishes prepared from locally grown corn and peaches. The bi-color corn comes from David Jones Farm in Hondo and Jack Produce in Pearsall, while the peaches are plucked right from the property of Lightsey Farm in Mexia and Cooper Farms in Fairfield, Texas. In addition to the special menu, Blue Mesa is also hosting a Corn & Peach Festival Buffet Tequila Party on June 20 from 5 to 9 p.m. For $14.95 per person, you can get pulled chicken and smoked corn enchiladas, BBQ pork and sweet corn chile rellenos, crab and fire roasted corn cakes, and peach pandowdy with cinnamon ice cream. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.