Blue Mesa’s 5th annual Corn & Peach Festival is two-months long (running from June 1 to the end of July), and it’s featuring a special menu with dishes prepared from locally grown corn and peaches. The bi-color corn comes from David Jones Farm in Hondo and Jack Produce in Pearsall, while the peaches are plucked right from the property of Lightsey Farm in Mexia and Cooper Farms in Fairfield, Texas. In addition to the special menu, Blue Mesa is also hosting a Corn & Peach Festival Buffet Tequila Party on June 20 from 5 to 9 p.m. For $14.95 per person, you can get pulled chicken and smoked corn enchiladas, BBQ pork and sweet corn chile rellenos, crab and fire roasted corn cakes, and peach pandowdy with cinnamon ice cream. Reservations are highly recommended.
- The Observer’s ‘Dallas Needs More Bookstores’ Cover Story Is Lazy by Bradford Pearson
- 1611 Main Street, R.I.P. by Krista Nightengale
- Should There Be a Moratorium on Tearing Down Old Buildings in Dallas? by Peter Simek
- Ron Washington Holds Another Press Conference by Tim Rogers
- A Picture of Fountain Place That Proves It Is a Portal Into Another Dimension by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »