I just caught up with Eddie (Primo’s and Hully & Mo) Cervantes. The veteran Dallas restaurateur is set to open E Bar Tex-Mex on Haskell in “two to three weeks.” It’s a small space: there is room for only two cooks in the kitchen, the interior seats 42, the patio seats another 44, and there are 16 more stools at the bar. “It’s nothing extravagant,” Cervantes says. “I just wanted to start over from scratch and have fun.” Cervantes is calling all of his old chef buddies who used to hang at Primo’s late at night. “Dean has been in and he loves it,” Cervantes said. “He says he’s gonna bring in all of his industry friends.” (1901 North Haskell Avenue)
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.