I’m sure I’m late to this party but if you are one of the few people who haven’t seen The Trip, I suggest you rent it now. The film stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon (as themselves). Coogan has been asked to review restaurants in northern England and he persuades his buddy Brydon to ride along. The photography of England’s Lake District is stunning and the dialog over lollipops made out of duck fat with peanuts and other avant-guarde cuisine is smart and funny. Three restaurants I noted were L’Enclume, Hipping Hall, and Holbeck Ghyll. The movie is a condensed version of the BBC TV series with the same name which is now in my Netflix queue.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.