I’m sure I’m late to this party but if you are one of the few people who haven’t seen The Trip, I suggest you rent it now. The film stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon (as themselves). Coogan has been asked to review restaurants in northern England and he persuades his buddy Brydon to ride along. The photography of England’s Lake District is stunning and the dialog over lollipops made out of duck fat with peanuts and other avant-guarde cuisine is smart and funny. Three restaurants I noted were L’Enclume, Hipping Hall, and Holbeck Ghyll. The movie is a condensed version of the BBC TV series with the same name which is now in my Netflix queue.
2/7/16 SunSea Breeze Fish Market and Grill
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- City of Dallas Pushes to Keep Porn Out of Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Poll: Does Dallas Need to Pay Down Debt Before Fixing Roads? by Jason Heid
- It May Cost More to Remove the Dallas Wave Than to Fix It by Peter Simek
- They’re Going to Frack Under Lewisville Lake? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »