I’m sure I’m late to this party but if you are one of the few people who haven’t seen The Trip, I suggest you rent it now. The film stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon (as themselves). Coogan has been asked to review restaurants in northern England and he persuades his buddy Brydon to ride along. The photography of England’s Lake District is stunning and the dialog over lollipops made out of duck fat with peanuts and other avant-guarde cuisine is smart and funny. Three restaurants I noted were L’Enclume, Hipping Hall, and Holbeck Ghyll. The movie is a condensed version of the BBC TV series with the same name which is now in my Netflix queue.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.