I’m sure I’m late to this party but if you are one of the few people who haven’t seen The Trip, I suggest you rent it now. The film stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon (as themselves). Coogan has been asked to review restaurants in northern England and he persuades his buddy Brydon to ride along. The photography of England’s Lake District is stunning and the dialog over lollipops made out of duck fat with peanuts and other avant-guarde cuisine is smart and funny. Three restaurants I noted were L’Enclume, Hipping Hall, and Holbeck Ghyll. The movie is a condensed version of the BBC TV series with the same name which is now in my Netflix queue.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »