Hotel Lumen said goodbye to Social Restaurant a few months ago, and now it’s got a new baby in the works. The Front Room: A Park Cities Diner (whoo, mouthful) will be a diner-inspired restaurant. (Waffle House style, I hope.) By late this summer, The Front Room will be serving from a modern American menu along with an espresso bar and handcrafted cocktails. The press release reveals that “the space will feature retro-chic touches and include indoor and covered courtyard patio seating. The restaurant’s design and décor further articulates the mid-century architecture and attitude of the hotel with key elements that include floor-to-ceiling windows, basalt flooring and walls, a modern Heath ceramic tile accent wall, and hanging globe lights.”
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- Announcing StreetSmart, D Magazine’s New Transportation and Urbanism Blog by Jason Heid
- John Travolta Welcomes Really Big Plane to DFW Airport by Jason Heid
- Ebola Case Confirmed in Dallas by Jason Heid
- Laray Polk on the State of Bookstores in Dallas by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »