Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
5/7/16 SatOak Cliff Cultural Center
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
5/29/16 SunThe West End
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Is Anyone Else a Little Creeped Out By the Idea of a Homeless Concentration Camp? by Peter Simek
- Drama Unfolds With Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals President Michael Jenkins by Alex Macon
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 4 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Will Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals Honcho Impact Fair Park’s Future? by Peter Simek
- Leading Off (5/4/16) by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »