Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- Mayor Rawlings Implies Trinity Toll Road Opponents Don’t Respect Democracy by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »