Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
- What Caused That Earthquake Over the Weekend by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »