Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
- Hot Property: French-Inspired Uptown Townhome by Caitlin Clark
- Happiest Hour
- Best of Big D Readers' Choice Voting by Jessica Chen
- A Family Oasis in Preston Hollow by Connie Dufner
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The New Trinity Park Looks Great — But Never Will Be by Zac Crain
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 7 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Trinity Park and The City, Graphically by Zac Crain
- AT&T Powers Up Southern Dallas with High-Speed Internet by Danielle Abril
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: May 23 by Alex Macon
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »