Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- Nina Pham Is Ebola-Free. Is She a Hero? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »