Saturday’s Derby winner, I’ll Have Another, mimicked the requests of dozens of ambassadors at The Cedars Social. The crowd, dressed in wide brim hats and seersucker suits, flocked to Cedars Social to sip Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps, enjoy tasty bites inspired by those served at Churchill Downs, and to watch the Run for the Roses. I was an invited guest to the event which included a bugler who played “The Call” to start the race, a beautiful filly named Chica, a horse that represented the charity Habitat for Horses, and a silent auction. And many cocktails made with Maker’s Mark. The Peach Julep was my favorite, delicious when sipped with crispy fried green tomatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Jump for photos.
- Truth & Alibi
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- The 10 Most Beautiful Homes in Dallas 2014 by The D Home Editors
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Dirk Nowitzki Takes Even Bigger Discount, Is The Best by Zac Crain
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: There Was a Bad Mutha Who Lived in an SHU by Barrett Brown
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- My Detente With the Avian Kingdom Is At An End by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.