I just received an email from a reader. She asked if Ranchman’s Café in Ponder, Texas was still good. The small comfort food restaurant, which has been open since 1948, used to serve the best chicken fried steak and pies in the area. The kitchen used to pan-fry a thick T-bone steak. Now they use pounded patties. I haven’t been since October, 2009 when I wrote this post which includes a video of them making CFS. when I shot this video. Any of you been recently?
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Mayor Rawlings Implies Trinity Toll Road Opponents Don’t Respect Democracy by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- What It Means Now That Rajon Rondo Is In Dallas by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »