Last week it was announced Rusty Taco was taking over the Lily Pad space at Main Street Garden. Moments ago, Robert Wilonsky reported the deal is dead. John Crawford, CEO of Downtown Dallas, has some splaining to do. It sounds like they caved in to DRG’s owner Mike Hoque, operator of Wild Salsa across the street. In Wilonsky’s story, Crawford says he has reevaluated the situation and has “decided to spread the wealth.” Maybe it will be a burger joint? No, Hoque’s got Chop House Burger. Steak Shack? Nope, Dallas Chop House is down the street. Hmm, too small for pizza. Do you live downtown? What would you like to see in the space?
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.