Last week it was announced Rusty Taco was taking over the Lily Pad space at Main Street Garden. Moments ago, Robert Wilonsky reported the deal is dead. John Crawford, CEO of Downtown Dallas, has some splaining to do. It sounds like they caved in to DRG’s owner Mike Hoque, operator of Wild Salsa across the street. In Wilonsky’s story, Crawford says he has reevaluated the situation and has “decided to spread the wealth.” Maybe it will be a burger joint? No, Hoque’s got Chop House Burger. Steak Shack? Nope, Dallas Chop House is down the street. Hmm, too small for pizza. Do you live downtown? What would you like to see in the space?
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.