Last week Andrew Chalk attended a dinner at Bailey’s Prime Steakhouse. He reported former execuchef Grant Morgan had left. Chalk also said Michael Ehlert, the chef owner Ed Bailey hired to get The Chesterfield up and running, “will become the executive chef of a new high-end modern French restaurant backed by Bailey later this year.” Today, according Steven Doyle, Ehlert and his fiancee Jennifer Jaco, who is also the sommelier at Bailey’s, have left the restaurant and are now “on the loose.” Methinks Mr. Bailey may be difficult to please? He’s got a lot of money and has seduced a lot of talent to his businesses but he seems to have trouble keeping them on board.
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Takeru Kobayashi Stuffs Down 60 Hot Dogs in Less Than Three Minutes at the State Fair by Carol Shih
- 'Courtney Loves Dallas' Episode 2 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Most Searched Terms in Dallas for 2013 by Tim Rogers
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Crain: Alan Peppard Read Our Kidd Kraddick Story, Likes It by Zac Crain
- SideDish Survey: How Many Times a Week Do You Dine Out? by Nancy Nichols
- The Guardian Investigates Fracking in Ponder by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (12/16/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/17/13) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.