Hooray for hot dogs! One Mr. Ludwig Sawicki is almost ready to open his new hot dog restaurant, Bite the Weenie. “We are making at least 20 variations and styles of hot dogs and sausage sandwiches,” Sawicki said. “We should be ready to go next week.” Sawicki moved to Dallas from Chicago almost 15 years ago and “has been craving hot dogs since then.” Sawicki spent many years working in restaurants before a career in the firearms business. He’s pretty dang excited about his new hot dog store and hopes to populate Dallas with more locations. So far, the menu includes classic Chicago and New York-style dogs. Other cities with dogs include Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tokyo, and Vera Cruz. There is a Saigon Dog and a foie gras dog. Here is the working menu. 9143 Boulevard 26, Suite 650. Richland Hills. 817-514-2313.
4/17/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
4/18/14 FriChocolate Secrets
4/20/14 SunWeekend Coffee
4/20/14 SunLounge 31
4/24/14 ThuValley View Center at Midtown
4/25/14 FriThe Wine Poste
4/25/14 FriWestin Galleria Dallas
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Let’s Help This Richardson Teenager Go to Prom With Miss Teen USA by Bradford Pearson
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.