Adam Gertler, host of Kid in a Candy Store, dropped by Sissy’s last night to pay his fellow season four contestant of The Next Food Network Star, Lisa Garza, a visit. Garza officially opened Sissy’s Southern Kitchen and Bar with Chef Jeffery Hobbs on Monday, serving Southern comfort food. Looks like this big kid enjoyed the fried chicken, red fish, squash puppies, pork ribs, and cookies and milk that he sampled. A loyal source says he LOVED Sissy’s hot sauce (the same one that I mentioned in yesterday’s post) and thinks Garza’s place will really take off.
Read This Next
- Lisa Garza Names Jeffery Hobbs “Leader of the Kitchen” at Sissy’s Fried Chicken
- Five Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Bobby Flay
- Pianist Alessio Bax Tells the New York Times He Likes Sea Urchin and Foie Gras
7/30/14 WedCraft and Growler
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.