Adam Gertler, host of Kid in a Candy Store, dropped by Sissy’s last night to pay his fellow season four contestant of The Next Food Network Star, Lisa Garza, a visit. Garza officially opened Sissy’s Southern Kitchen and Bar with Chef Jeffery Hobbs on Monday, serving Southern comfort food. Looks like this big kid enjoyed the fried chicken, red fish, squash puppies, pork ribs, and cookies and milk that he sampled. A loyal source says he LOVED Sissy’s hot sauce (the same one that I mentioned in yesterday’s post) and thinks Garza’s place will really take off.
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- Whoa, Paul Rudd Was (UPDATE: Not) One of the Airport Heroes Who Took Down the Homophobe by Jason Heid
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »