I just received word from Tracey Evers of the Dallas Restaurant Association: former chef and co-owner of The Place at Perry’s, Travis Henderson, was killed earlier this morning in Carrollton by a member of the Dallas SWAT team. The news of Henderson’s death is heartbreaking. Henderson was a devoted, hard-working chef. While he was chef at The Place at Perry’s, he was in constant contact with the media and promoted the restaurant and his co-workers with great pride. Henderson was the creator of one of the best chicken-fried steaks in Dallas. He was a lovely person and his talent will be missed. R.I.P, dear Travis. Dallas will not be the same without you.
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- The Best New Restaurants in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Best Dallas Suburbs
- Pecan Lodge Is Moving From Dallas Farmers Market to Deep Ellum by Nancy Nichols
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Give Us Feedback on the New Design by Tim Rogers
- Cash McElroy: The Other Side of the Story by Tim Rogers
- Teiichi Sakurai Will Open a Ramen Shop in Sylvan|Thirty Called ‘Ten’ by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.