I just received word from Tracey Evers of the Dallas Restaurant Association: former chef and co-owner of The Place at Perry’s, Travis Henderson, was killed earlier this morning in Carrollton by a member of the Dallas SWAT team. The news of Henderson’s death is heartbreaking. Henderson was a devoted, hard-working chef. While he was chef at The Place at Perry’s, he was in constant contact with the media and promoted the restaurant and his co-workers with great pride. Henderson was the creator of one of the best chicken-fried steaks in Dallas. He was a lovely person and his talent will be missed. R.I.P, dear Travis. Dallas will not be the same without you.
- Beauty Bar
- Dallas’ Most Exclusive Private Clubs by Brantley Hargrove and Glenn Hunter
- Diane von Furstenberg Thinks Dallas Women are the Most Beautiful in America by Margaux Anbouba
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »