I just received word from Tracey Evers of the Dallas Restaurant Association: former chef and co-owner of The Place at Perry’s, Travis Henderson, was killed earlier this morning in Carrollton by a member of the Dallas SWAT team. The news of Henderson’s death is heartbreaking. Henderson was a devoted, hard-working chef. While he was chef at The Place at Perry’s, he was in constant contact with the media and promoted the restaurant and his co-workers with great pride. Henderson was the creator of one of the best chicken-fried steaks in Dallas. He was a lovely person and his talent will be missed. R.I.P, dear Travis. Dallas will not be the same without you.
9/22/14 MonOcean Prime
9/23/14 TueCapitol Pub
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
9/24/14 WedBridge Bistro
10/18/14 SatLake Carolyn
- The Observer’s ‘Dallas Needs More Bookstores’ Cover Story Is Lazy by Bradford Pearson
- 1611 Main Street, R.I.P. by Krista Nightengale
- Ron Washington Holds Another Press Conference by Tim Rogers
- A Picture of Fountain Place That Proves It Is a Portal Into Another Dimension by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (9/19/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »