I just received word from Tracey Evers of the Dallas Restaurant Association: former chef and co-owner of The Place at Perry’s, Travis Henderson, was killed earlier this morning in Carrollton by a member of the Dallas SWAT team. The news of Henderson’s death is heartbreaking. Henderson was a devoted, hard-working chef. While he was chef at The Place at Perry’s, he was in constant contact with the media and promoted the restaurant and his co-workers with great pride. Henderson was the creator of one of the best chicken-fried steaks in Dallas. He was a lovely person and his talent will be missed. R.I.P, dear Travis. Dallas will not be the same without you.
- Hot Property: French-Inspired Uptown Townhome by Caitlin Clark
- Happiest Hour
- Best of Big D Readers' Choice Voting by Jessica Chen
- A Family Oasis in Preston Hollow by Connie Dufner
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The New Trinity Park Looks Great — But Never Will Be by Zac Crain
- Susan Hawk May Have Suffered Relapse by Jason Heid
- The Trinity Park and The City, Graphically by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (5/20/16) by Jason Heid
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: May 23 by Alex Macon
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »