I just received word from Tracey Evers of the Dallas Restaurant Association: former chef and co-owner of The Place at Perry’s, Travis Henderson, was killed earlier this morning in Carrollton by a member of the Dallas SWAT team. The news of Henderson’s death is heartbreaking. Henderson was a devoted, hard-working chef. While he was chef at The Place at Perry’s, he was in constant contact with the media and promoted the restaurant and his co-workers with great pride. Henderson was the creator of one of the best chicken-fried steaks in Dallas. He was a lovely person and his talent will be missed. R.I.P, dear Travis. Dallas will not be the same without you.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Ask John Neely Bryan: Let Us Give Thanks For ‘Dallitude’ by John Neely Bryan
- What Has Irving Done to Anger God? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »