We all knew it was coming. Since day one, CampO Modern Country Bistro has been clear on the fact that consulting chef Matt McCallister was just that: consulting chef. Today, John Paul Valverde, co-owner of CampO and Coevál Studio, announced the new chef will be Josh Black, whose culinary experience includes The Cedar Social and Stephan Pyles. Black has been McCallister’s sous chef at CampO (when did they start using that big O?) since the restaurant opened in November 2011. The release also says McCallister will continue to advise the CampO concept “as needed.” Methinks they will needO him a lot. How much time McCallister will have after he opens his own restaurant, allegedly in the Design District, remains the big question. No, I guess the big question is: Can Black continue to cut the same edges McCallister cuts. Tough act to follow.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.