We all knew it was coming. Since day one, CampO Modern Country Bistro has been clear on the fact that consulting chef Matt McCallister was just that: consulting chef. Today, John Paul Valverde, co-owner of CampO and Coevál Studio, announced the new chef will be Josh Black, whose culinary experience includes The Cedar Social and Stephan Pyles. Black has been McCallister’s sous chef at CampO (when did they start using that big O?) since the restaurant opened in November 2011. The release also says McCallister will continue to advise the CampO concept “as needed.” Methinks they will needO him a lot. How much time McCallister will have after he opens his own restaurant, allegedly in the Design District, remains the big question. No, I guess the big question is: Can Black continue to cut the same edges McCallister cuts. Tough act to follow.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.