We all knew it was coming. Since day one, CampO Modern Country Bistro has been clear on the fact that consulting chef Matt McCallister was just that: consulting chef. Today, John Paul Valverde, co-owner of CampO and Coevál Studio, announced the new chef will be Josh Black, whose culinary experience includes The Cedar Social and Stephan Pyles. Black has been McCallister’s sous chef at CampO (when did they start using that big O?) since the restaurant opened in November 2011. The release also says McCallister will continue to advise the CampO concept “as needed.” Methinks they will needO him a lot. How much time McCallister will have after he opens his own restaurant, allegedly in the Design District, remains the big question. No, I guess the big question is: Can Black continue to cut the same edges McCallister cuts. Tough act to follow.
3/3/15 TueWhole Foods Market Lakewood
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/11/15 WedTexas de Brazil
3/14/15 SatCommunity Beer Garden
3/19/15 ThuDallas Arts District
3/19/15 ThuKettle Art
3/26/15 ThuBilly Bob's Texas
- A Less Than Objective Recap of the Festival of Ideas by Krista Nightengale
- Tom Spicer Died Today by Nancy Nichols
- Austin-Based Royal Blue Grocery Store to Open in Highland Park Village by Nancy Nichols
- How the DMN Misleads People About DISD by Tim Rogers
- Why DISD’s Plan to Reopen Some Closed Schools is a No-Brainer, and Why Some Trustees Don’t Care by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »