See the nice looking man in the picture? That is Phil Romano. See the painting in the background? That is one artist’s interpretation of Phil Romano’s brain when he is working on a project. Phil Romano, Larry “Butch” McGregor, and Stuart Fitts are working on Trinity Groves an enormous development on the west side of the Margaret Hunt Bridge in West Dallas. Today I took a grand tour of the 13-acre proposed “restaurant, retail, artist and entertainment” site which will also be home to the partnership’s restaurant incubator program. I met the first approved restaurateur and tasted his food. Tune in tomorrow for a full report. I can’t decide if these are the smartest guys in the world or the craziest. It’s wild. Clear out some head space.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.