See the nice looking man in the picture? That is Phil Romano. See the painting in the background? That is one artist’s interpretation of Phil Romano’s brain when he is working on a project. Phil Romano, Larry “Butch” McGregor, and Stuart Fitts are working on Trinity Groves an enormous development on the west side of the Margaret Hunt Bridge in West Dallas. Today I took a grand tour of the 13-acre proposed “restaurant, retail, artist and entertainment” site which will also be home to the partnership’s restaurant incubator program. I met the first approved restaurateur and tasted his food. Tune in tomorrow for a full report. I can’t decide if these are the smartest guys in the world or the craziest. It’s wild. Clear out some head space.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.