Like taking the lid off a simmering pot of pure Texas, Olenjack’s Grille unveils an approach to contemporary chargrilling that embodies all the hat and cattle those other guys seem to have missed. Less salt dependent than its country cousins, the restaurant—helmed by chef-owner Brian Olenjack—relies instead on goat cheese, roasted garlic, and grits as resonant as a Sunday sermon. The menu is a gastronomic ramble, starting with grilled lamb lollipops over sweet-potato polenta and finding its way home to hatch-marked meats that are as mature and reliable as a firm handshake.
- New Buildings Vs. Old Buildings: The Battle for Downtown by Krista Nightengale
- Michael Morris Knows Which Way the Wind Is Blowing by Jason Heid
- Why Did the DMN Largely Ignore 35 Percent of DISD Test-takers? by Eric Celeste
- Were You Watching Today’s Slow-Speed Police Chase in Fort Worth? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/25/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »