Hip, hip, hooray for Lee Fuqua and his brewing buddy Courtney Elizabeth Key. Together they took the top award in its category at the prestigious 2012 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. “We beat all the other Double Gold Medal winners to win the Best of Class award for our port, meaning that our FUQUA Cavalier Tawny Port was judged to be the best port made anywhere in the United States,” Lee Fuqua says. “And with over 5,500 entries this year, we think that this is some kind of accomplishment.” At the moment it’s in stock at FUQUA Wines ($59.95).
- New Buildings Vs. Old Buildings: The Battle for Downtown by Krista Nightengale
- Michael Morris Knows Which Way the Wind Is Blowing by Jason Heid
- Why Did the DMN Largely Ignore 35 Percent of DISD Test-takers? by Eric Celeste
- Were You Watching Today’s Slow-Speed Police Chase in Fort Worth? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/25/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »