Ron Guest, the nice man who gave us Café San Miguel on Henderson Ave. (R.I.P.), is back in business in Richardson. Natch Teresa “GubbShoe” Gubbins is all over the story like truffle oil on fries. Gubbshoe writes Guest’s new spot, Taco Republic, is “an intriguing new spin on gringo tacos.” Expect catfish tacos, “smoky brisket with chipotle barbecue sauce topped with fried onion rings,” and other “whimsical” tacos. Always on alert for the underdog vegetarian diner, Gubbshoe assures us all they don’t have to worry. Quotes and more details here. Taco Republic in located in the space formerly known as La Paloma at Central and Spring Valley. (Next up: Taco Republican. Now, there’s a concept.)
Read This Next
- Campo and Oak Owners Team Up For New Restaurant in Old Lumi Space on McKinney. They Need Us to Name the Restaurant!
- Trader Joe’s Opens Friday in Fort Worth. Do You Care?
- Good 2 Go Gals Colleen O’Hare and Jeana Johnson Now Occupy Former York Street/Watel’s Building
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.