Ron Guest, the nice man who gave us Café San Miguel on Henderson Ave. (R.I.P.), is back in business in Richardson. Natch Teresa “GubbShoe” Gubbins is all over the story like truffle oil on fries. Gubbshoe writes Guest’s new spot, Taco Republic, is “an intriguing new spin on gringo tacos.” Expect catfish tacos, “smoky brisket with chipotle barbecue sauce topped with fried onion rings,” and other “whimsical” tacos. Always on alert for the underdog vegetarian diner, Gubbshoe assures us all they don’t have to worry. Quotes and more details here. Taco Republic in located in the space formerly known as La Paloma at Central and Spring Valley. (Next up: Taco Republican. Now, there’s a concept.)
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »