Ron Guest, the nice man who gave us Café San Miguel on Henderson Ave. (R.I.P.), is back in business in Richardson. Natch Teresa “GubbShoe” Gubbins is all over the story like truffle oil on fries. Gubbshoe writes Guest’s new spot, Taco Republic, is “an intriguing new spin on gringo tacos.” Expect catfish tacos, “smoky brisket with chipotle barbecue sauce topped with fried onion rings,” and other “whimsical” tacos. Always on alert for the underdog vegetarian diner, Gubbshoe assures us all they don’t have to worry. Quotes and more details here. Taco Republic in located in the space formerly known as La Paloma at Central and Spring Valley. (Next up: Taco Republican. Now, there’s a concept.)
Read This Next
- Campo and Oak Owners Team Up For New Restaurant in Old Lumi Space on McKinney. They Need Us to Name the Restaurant!
- Trader Joe’s Opens Friday in Fort Worth. Do You Care?
- Good 2 Go Gals Colleen O’Hare and Jeana Johnson Now Occupy Former York Street/Watel’s Building
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.