Last week we talked about Joel Harrington taking on a new role as a chef at The Joule. The restaurant is in flux, changing from Charlie Palmer at The Joule to Charlie Palmer Steak. The now former, and very talented, sous chef Richard Blakenship left The Joule yesterday to head the kitchen at Cru in Uptown. Nice get, owner Patrick Colombo. “Yes, we courted him to oversee all of our locations, but for right now he is going to be at West Village,” says Colombo. “We just resigned our lease and will be renovating in the late spring. Eventually Blankenship will take a bigger role.” This whole scenario makes me curious. If Charlie Palmer at The Joule couldn’t make it as a destination restaurant in Dallas, then who can? I just don’t believe people in Dallas are willing to eat downtown unless they live there. Charlie Palmer at The Joule did it best.
7/4/15 SatSteel Restaurant & Lounge
7/4/15 SatNoble Rey Brewing Co.
7/4/15 SatThe Libertine Bar
7/7/15 TueKirby's Steakhouse
7/14/15 TueBishop Arts District
7/16/15 ThuKettle Art
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- Taco Libre at Main Street Garden
- Hot Property: 3901 Turtle Creek Boulevard #9 by Caitlin Clark
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Where to See Fireworks in Dallas This Fourth of July by Mary Claire Hamm
- When Does Our Confederacy Conversation Target Street Names in Oak Cliff? by Peter Simek
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Did Bass Pro Shops Steal a T-shirt Idea From The Lodge? by Michael J. Mooney
- Leading Off (6/29/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »