Last week we talked about Joel Harrington taking on a new role as a chef at The Joule. The restaurant is in flux, changing from Charlie Palmer at The Joule to Charlie Palmer Steak. The now former, and very talented, sous chef Richard Blakenship left The Joule yesterday to head the kitchen at Cru in Uptown. Nice get, owner Patrick Colombo. “Yes, we courted him to oversee all of our locations, but for right now he is going to be at West Village,” says Colombo. “We just resigned our lease and will be renovating in the late spring. Eventually Blankenship will take a bigger role.” This whole scenario makes me curious. If Charlie Palmer at The Joule couldn’t make it as a destination restaurant in Dallas, then who can? I just don’t believe people in Dallas are willing to eat downtown unless they live there. Charlie Palmer at The Joule did it best.
4/30/16 SatMain Street Garden
4/30/16 SatMessina Hof Grapevine Winery
5/1/16 SunGranada Theater
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »