Last week we talked about Joel Harrington taking on a new role as a chef at The Joule. The restaurant is in flux, changing from Charlie Palmer at The Joule to Charlie Palmer Steak. The now former, and very talented, sous chef Richard Blakenship left The Joule yesterday to head the kitchen at Cru in Uptown. Nice get, owner Patrick Colombo. “Yes, we courted him to oversee all of our locations, but for right now he is going to be at West Village,” says Colombo. “We just resigned our lease and will be renovating in the late spring. Eventually Blankenship will take a bigger role.” This whole scenario makes me curious. If Charlie Palmer at The Joule couldn’t make it as a destination restaurant in Dallas, then who can? I just don’t believe people in Dallas are willing to eat downtown unless they live there. Charlie Palmer at The Joule did it best.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
- Why Young People Like Denver More Than Dallas by Peter Simek
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Museum Tower Designer Insists Nasher Needs to Yield in Reflectivity Dispute by Jason Heid
- Why Dallas Is Allowed to Ruin a Park With a Highway by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »