Last week we talked about Joel Harrington taking on a new role as a chef at The Joule. The restaurant is in flux, changing from Charlie Palmer at The Joule to Charlie Palmer Steak. The now former, and very talented, sous chef Richard Blakenship left The Joule yesterday to head the kitchen at Cru in Uptown. Nice get, owner Patrick Colombo. “Yes, we courted him to oversee all of our locations, but for right now he is going to be at West Village,” says Colombo. “We just resigned our lease and will be renovating in the late spring. Eventually Blankenship will take a bigger role.” This whole scenario makes me curious. If Charlie Palmer at The Joule couldn’t make it as a destination restaurant in Dallas, then who can? I just don’t believe people in Dallas are willing to eat downtown unless they live there. Charlie Palmer at The Joule did it best.
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- Nina Pham Is Ebola-Free. Is She a Hero? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »