Slow-cooked brisket (sometimes “advertised” on menus as “smoked”) is trending in Dallas along with sweet potato tots and green chilies on anything. Last week the self-proclaimed BBQ Snob, Daniel Vaughn, policed a few fancy restaurants which claim to serve “smoked brisket.” He covers Texas Spice at the new Omni Convention Center, Jack Daniel’s Saloon, Holy Grail Pub, Torchy’s Taco, and the unpleasantly named Asador in the Renaissance Hotel. As usual, it’s a great read.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »