Slow-cooked brisket (sometimes “advertised” on menus as “smoked”) is trending in Dallas along with sweet potato tots and green chilies on anything. Last week the self-proclaimed BBQ Snob, Daniel Vaughn, policed a few fancy restaurants which claim to serve “smoked brisket.” He covers Texas Spice at the new Omni Convention Center, Jack Daniel’s Saloon, Holy Grail Pub, Torchy’s Taco, and the unpleasantly named Asador in the Renaissance Hotel. As usual, it’s a great read.
4/24/15 FriSur La Table
4/24/15 FriCook Hall
4/24/15 FriMethod: Caffeination & Fare
4/24/15 FriOld Hickory Steakhouse
4/24/15 FriRodeo Center and Resistol Arena
4/24/15 FriAustin Ranch
4/25/15 SatHighland Hills Branch Library
4/25/15 SatAustin Ranch (near Grapevine Mills Mall)
- Councilman Lee Kleinman Has His Balls in a Vise, Gets Confused as Result by Tim Rogers
- Poll: So What’s Next For the Trinity Project? by Jason Heid
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: A Sign of Things to Come by Barrett Brown
- What Would Happen if Women Opened Restaurants With Male Body Parts as Themes? Part Two by Nancy Nichols
- Oil and Gas Wells to Blame For More North Texas Earthquakes by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »