Slow-cooked brisket (sometimes “advertised” on menus as “smoked”) is trending in Dallas along with sweet potato tots and green chilies on anything. Last week the self-proclaimed BBQ Snob, Daniel Vaughn, policed a few fancy restaurants which claim to serve “smoked brisket.” He covers Texas Spice at the new Omni Convention Center, Jack Daniel’s Saloon, Holy Grail Pub, Torchy’s Taco, and the unpleasantly named Asador in the Renaissance Hotel. As usual, it’s a great read.
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »